Job advertisement: Project Assistant
Mecila (Maria Sibylla Merian International Centre for Advanced Studies in the Humanities and Social Sciences Conviviality-Inequality in Latin America) is a joint project of the following German and Latin American research institutions: Freie Universität Berlin (coordination); Ibero-Amerikanisches Institut (Berlin); Universität zu Köln (Cologne); Universidade de São Paulo and Centro Brasileiro de Análise e Planejamento (São Paulo); Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet, La Plata); and El Colegio de México (Mexico City). The Centre aims to develop cutting-edge research through horizontal interdisciplinary cooperation between researchers from Germany, Latin America, the Caribbean, and other regions of the world. For more information, see https://www.mecila.net.
Mecila is seeking a full-time project assistant for the Coordination Office in São Paulo (starting February 2021).
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Support coordination in project planning and budget execution, including preparation of financial spreadsheets, resource requests, payments, and accountability.
- Assist the Coordination Office in planning and implementing academic events.
- Organization and management of Mecila’s physical space at USP and support to researchers allocated to this space.
- Further assistance to the Centre’s administrative coordination.
Prerequisites for hiring:
- Complete Higher Education.
- Work experience in administrative support and/or secretarial activities.
- Solid knowledge in English and German, both in speech and writing.
- Talent for organization, and the skills to work both as part of a team and autonomously in a creative and structured manner.
- Brazilian nationality or valid work and residence visa (work permit).
- Knowledge of the German and Brazilian System of Higher Education and Research.
- Solid knowledge in Portuguese and Spanish.
- Work experience in scientific projects based on third-party-funding.
- Familiarity with project management software and collaborative document editing (JIRA, Confluence Wiki, WebEx).
The hiring will be done by the Brazilian Center for Analysis and Planning (CEBRAP). The compensation is consistent with the level of demand and responsibilities of the position.
Documents required for the application:
- Personal Curriculum (do not send curriculum generated by academic platforms such as Lattes).
- Letter of motivation (up to 350 words).
- Copy of the main diplomas and certificates.
Candidates must submit their documents by January 03, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org.