- Management experience, in particular of international scientific projects or networks.
- Effective leadership, teamwork, and communication skills, as well as talent for organisation and ability to work in an autonomous, creative, and structured way;
- A PhD degree in the humanities or the social sciences;
- Excellent oral and written command of English and German, and at least good command of Portuguese;
- Willingness to reside in São Paulo and to travel (in Brazil and abroad).
- Overall management of the Centre, including the implementation of the measures decided by Mecila’s Executive Board and Board of Directors, coordination of communication with the consortium institutions, management of the Centre’s Coordination Office (including personnel administration, management of financial resources in collaboration with German third party funding administration, and coordination of substantive and financial reporting);
- Management of a coordination team including four employees and four student
- Support to the cooperation and exchange among Mecila’s Investigators and Fellows;
- Cooperation with local partners and institutions to consolidate the Centre;
- Conception and coordination of academic events;
- Coordination of applications for fund raising;
- Other relevant coordination activities.
Applicants are invited to send the following documents in German, English, Spanish, or Portuguese via e-mail as a single pdf-attachment no later than 06 February 2022 to the Coordination Office in São Paulo ([email protected]):
– Motivation letter (max. 500 words);
– Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages);
– Copy of relevant diplomas and certificates.
- Experience with academic and research funding systems;
- Good oral and written command of Spanish;
- Interest in and familiarity with the thematic focus of the Centre.