- A PhD degree in the humanities or social sciences obtained within the last 5 years from the date of application
- A track record of training, research, and /or publications in Mecila’s subject areas
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to and interest in actively participating in an international, interdisciplinary, and collective research environment
- An ambitious and innovative research project of relevance to Mecila that will enhance the applicant’s career prospects
- Develop an independent research project within the field of conviviality-inequality, making a contribution to the project’s Research Areas
- Participate actively in the Centre’s activities (including the weekly colloquia) and engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Present and discuss scientific research results within and outside the Centre
- Contribute to external funding applications
- Contribute at least one issue to Mecila’s Working Paper Series
- Contribute at least one outreach activity (interview, blog entry, video, public lecture, policy paper, etc.)
- Undertake at least one relevant activity (e.g. a lecture) at El Colegio de México, Mexico City or at Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet) in La Plata, Argentina
Applicants must send the following documents in English, Spanish, or Portuguese via e-mail in a single pdf-attachment no later than 27 June 2021 to the Mecila Coordination Office in São Paulo ([email protected]):
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Research outline describing current research and envisioned contribution to the Centre (max. 1.500 words)
- Work plan detailing how the proposed project will be realised during the stay at the Centre
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Two recent writing samples: journal article (published or forthcoming), book chapter, or thesis chapter
Please send as a separate pdf our registration form that you can find here.
Criterios de selección
Applications from prospective Junior Fellows will be submitted to a peer-review process. The primary selection criterion is the applicant’s potential to yield original and excellent research results through a Mecila Junior Fellowship. The scientific merit of the project will be assessed in terms of its originality, the importance of the scientific questions addressed, and its relevance to Mecila. An appropriate methodology and a feasible timeframe will also be part of the assessment. Final decisions will be taken by Mecila’s Executive Board, in close consultation with its Advisory Board and Ethics Committee, aiming at disciplinary and gender balance as well as intersectional equity and an adequate regional representation. We aim to inform the applicants of the selection results by 30 November 2021.
For further inquiries regarding the Fellowship or the application process, please refer to our FAQ.
In case of further questions please contact Mecila’s Coordination Office in São Paulo via e-mail ([email protected]).
By applying to this Fellowship you consent that we use the information you provide for the Fellowship process.