- Scholars must be internationally recognized for having a significant impact on their field of research.
- Applicants should hold a permanent senior position at a university or research institution or similar qualifications
- A track record of research and publications on Mecila’s subject areas
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to and interest in actively participating in an international and interdisciplinary research environment
- Develop an independent research project in the field of conviviality-inequality, making a contribution to the Research Areas of the project
- Participate actively in the Centre’s activities (including the weekly colloquia) and engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Present and discuss scientific research results within and outside the Centre
- Contribute at least one issue to Mecila’s Working Paper Series
- Contribute at least one outreach activity (interview, blog contribution, video, public lecture, policy paper, etc.)
- Undertake at least one relevant activity (e.g. a lecture) at El Colegio de México, Mexico City or at Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet) in La Plata, Argentina
Applicants must send the following documents in English, Spanish or Portuguese via e-mail as a single pdf-attachment no later than 15 January 2020 to the Coordination Office in São Paulo ([email protected]):
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Research outline describing current research and envisaged contribution to the Centre (max. 1.500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
Critérios de seleção
Applications from prospective Senior Fellows will be submitted to a peer-review process. The primary selection criterion is the applicant’s potential to yield original and excellent research results through a Mecila Senior Fellowship. The scientific merit of the project will be assessed in terms of its originality, the importance of the scientific questions addressed, and its relevance to Mecila. An appropriate methodology and a feasible timeframe will also be part of the assessment. Final decisions will be taken by Mecila’s Executive Board, in close consultation with its Advisory Board and Ethics Committee, aiming at disciplinary and gender balance as well as intersectional equity.
For further inquiries regarding the fellowship or the application process, please contact Mecila’s Coordination Office in São Paulo via e-mail ([email protected]) or telephone (+55 11 5574 0399, extension number 118).