- A senior position at a university or research institution, or comparable qualifications. Scholars must be internationally recognised for having a significant impact on their field of research.
- A track record of research and publications on Mecila’s subject areas
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to and interest in actively engaging in and creating an intellectual community in a diverse international and interdisciplinary research environment
- Develop an independent research project in the field of conviviality-inequality, making a contribution to the project’s Research Areas
- Participate actively in the Centre’s activities (including the weekly colloquia) and engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Present and discuss scientific research results within and outside the Centre
- Contribute at least one paper to Mecila’s Working Paper Series
- Contribute at least one outreach activity (interview, blog entry, video, public lecture, policy paper, etc.)
- Undertake at least one relevant activity (e.g. a lecture) at El Colegio de México, Mexico City or at Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet) in La Plata, Argentina
Applicants must send the following documents in English, Spanish or Portuguese, using the link provided on the Form, in a single pdf-attachment no later than 15 January 2023 to the Coordination Office in São Paulo ([email protected]):
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Research outline describing current research and envisioned contribution
to the Centre (max. 1.500 words)
- Keywords (max. 5)
- Work plan detailing how the proposed project will be realized during the stay at the Centre
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
To access the Application Form, please use the following link: https://uni.koeln/G3VE7
Critérios de seleção
Applications from prospective Senior Fellows will be submitted to a peer-review process. The primary selection criterion is the applicant’s potential to yield original and excellent research results through a Mecila Senior Fellowship. The scientific merit of the project will be assessed in terms of its originality, the importance of the scientific questions addressed, and its relevance to Mecila. An appropriate methodology and a feasible timeframe will also be part of the assessment. Final decisions will be taken by Mecila’s Executive Board, in close consultation with its Advisory Board and Ethics Committee, aiming at disciplinary and gender balance as well as intersectional equity and an adequate regional representation. We aim to inform the applicants of the selection results by 15 June 2023.
For further inquiries regarding the Fellowship or the application process, please refer to our FAQ available at Mecila’s website. In case of further questions please contact Mecila’s Coordination Office in São Paulo via e-mail ([email protected]).
By applying to this Fellowship you consent that we use the information you provide for the Fellowship process.